Minimalist Style: Factory Series

 

I seem to be quite interested in the minimalist style. From the attention I paid to minimalist photography in earlier years, and the deep impression those minimalist style works left on me, I cannot help but say that it reflects my aesthetic tendency to some extent. One's aesthetic taste may be inborn, just as one's taste in food is more or less fixed, which more or less indicates the great influence of biological genetics on one's spirit. But it is not as if cultural factors do not play a role either. Perhaps on the contrary, acquired education and cultural practices may be decisive for one's spirit and thinking. In fact, many of my aesthetic ideas cannot even completely exclude the influence of reading experiences cultivated early in life.

Plant and chimney

127.5mm; ISO-250;  f/16;  1/160

These images may be the product of such aesthetic perceptions. I do not want to express the cultural characteristics of the post-industrial era, but in fact I may have been doing so. However, my aesthetic interest may have always been limited to a limited area of comfort, and instinctively rejected those areas of expression that were painfully uncomfortable.

Plant with winter trees

127.5mm; ISO-250;  f/13;  1/160

The picture as a whole presents a calming blue tone, and a little white, without much color rendering, which can be called minimal. Minimalism represents purity, and purity is the closest to God's will. This is the philosophical proposition of Taoism. And the fashion culture that has transmuted from Japanese Zen culture is stirring up a trend. I don't know if minimalist photography has been influenced by these trends, but I think they all go the same way for art.

Perhaps every photographer is trying to explore the more essential things. I am ashamed to say that I still have a long way to go in my pursuit of photography.


Filming date: January 1, 2021

Location: Pavel Road, Nanjing, China













Comments