Country, busy farming and late autumn season

After more than five months, I returned to my hometown in Huai'an and participated in the farming during the rice harvest season to reduce the burden on my parents. The following sets of photos were taken in my spare time. They reflect a microcosm of rural life in China. However, I prefer to attribute them to a wanderer's reminiscence of the good times in childhood.

However, in fact, these photos don't seem to really constitute successful photographic works. The so-called successful works are just those that can withstand people's critical eyes. The reason I say this is because my work still has many flaws.


But as far as subjectivity is concerned, I do not completely deny that the subtle emotions they convey are exactly what I want to express.


From the strong colors of these pictures, you should be able to feel that dusk is coming. They were plated with a layer of gold by the afterglow of the setting sun, and they looked particularly grand.



In my memory, dusk is a beautiful moment with poetic imagination. Many times I am very willing to go back to my childhood, the ordinary days when I came back from school and walked on the evening road. How carefree they are!

Accompanied by this happy time, I have enough interest in childhood and related things. For example, these rice fields in twilight, blue sky, reed flowers, and familiar farm tools.



Yes, you need to be interested and patient with these things. This is not only because of the needs of photography creation, but more importantly, they stem from my deep desires.


Obviously, people are either cautious or impatient when discussing such things. If my guess is correct, this is mainly because of the rapid change of industrial civilization, making people gradually lose attention to traditional things. Of course, this view is not absolute. Now more and more people are returning to tradition. In essence, what they return is the deep desire of their hearts.



Location: A village in Huaian City, Jiangsu Province.

Filming time: October 25, 2020.







Comments